Saturday, 7 April 2012

a blog about art, music, food, and stuff

So, I've been told that I should start a blog.

I love to read blogs.  So many people are witty and interesting and I just love that glimpse into their (sick and twisted) minds ;)  I, on the other hand never felt that I had too much that is compelling to write about.  Apparently a selected few think otherwise, so here goes my best effort.

I'm going to start with a run down of today and what's going on.  I don't know where else to start!  I'm sure once I put my feet up on the proverbial blogger table and get comfy for a long stay, all of my blabbering will flow much more freely, but I think this shall be a good place to start.

#1 food.  Being that it's the day before Easter, food is on the brain.  I am about to leave with the fan club (aka kids) and go grocery shopping.  Yes, I am that mom who drags her kids to the super market.  I like bringing them along, in fact I feel a little lonely and lost without them there to take up all of my attention and drive me mad.  It's a strange feeling to be able to actually concentrate on the task at hand, and frankly I don't like it.  So, the man (husband) has requested ham.  I shall do ham with pineapple and brown sugar sauce.  Then, I'm thinking devilled eggs and a sweet potato and apple salad.  Linkies to follow:

baked pineapple ham

sweet potato and apple salad

devilled eggs

#2 books/music/stuff

what I'm reading:  The Power of Now.  I bought it years ago and have only read 7 pages in.  I liked it, but I usually don't finish books (that attention span thing).  So many people have read it, loved it, recommend it.  My sister is one in particular.  I want to read it, cause you know I have that whole 'tormented artist's soul' thing happening.  So we will see, maybe over this weekend I can hunker down and read it.  My next post I can share all of my secrets of enlightenment and I can be your spiritual guru, har har. The Power of Now

Music that I am listening to right now:  Alright, now I'm nuts for music (aren't we all?).  I think I would shrivel up and die without it.  I love to listen to music all the time.  Kind of like creating soundtracks to your life.  Do you do that too?  Like, Radiohead the Bends reminds me of being 11 and reading R.L Stein books (uh oh, did I just give away my age?).  Or um, Jay Farar reminds me of my husband and his leather coat, on and on we could go.  Right now I'm listening to The Swell Season.  I just watched their bio movie.  Loved it.  I've been painting to their tunes.  Wonderful music to paint to, very emotive.The Swell Season  Too bad they broke up, so for all you people that like to see music live you ain't be seeing them.  Not now anyway.

Stuff :  I like stuff. Lots of stuff


And for zee finale  Art.  What I like today is to say Who Arted?  That's what I titled my Etsy treasury today and it makes me giggle.  But art doesn't stink.  No, it lifts one up, inspires the soul, tickles the eyes, electrifies the brain.  Right?  That what arting does. Who Arted?  aaaand not to leave the other one out, you know we all love foxy ladies Foxy lady

and new stuff I've painted which you can find for sale here: water horse


alright, now to finish my stinkin' huge mug of tea and brave the stores!  Til next time!


3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on starting your own blog!!
    So nice to meet you through Etsy’s Blogging Buddies Team.
    I am your newest blog follower! :)

    All the best,
    Mary
    Mixed-Media Map Art

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you Mary, nice to meet you! Thanks for following along ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there
    i'm a new blogger too. good luck to both of us ;)

    http://mycraftcave.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete